An agenda is critical to successful meetings. Please consider the following:
• Call to Order
• Invocation or Thought for the Day
• Pledge to the Flag
2. Roll call or sign in sheets and reading of minutes by the secretary
• Unfinished business
• New business
• Installation of officers
• Granting of honorary memberships
• Career Pathway Presentation (Every meeting)
• Educational Information
Monthly topic of Discussion
• Presenting awards
• Recognition of participants
8. Activity: Gaming or Practice
The president or chairperson oversees the events of the meeting.
Members will introduce new topics of discussion. The correct method to make a
i. A member who desires to make a motion and introduce an item of business
for discussion seeks recognition from the chair by stating: “Madame/Mister
ii. The individual waits until the president recognizes them and then states, “I
move to…” or “I move that…”
iii. A second must be provided by another member, indicating that there is a
desire to discuss the topic. That member simply states, “Second.”
iv. Discussion follows, and if necessary, a vote is taken.
v. The result of the vote is announced.
vi. Business is concluded.